Sunday, November 25, 2007

Microsoft Word - Single-Spaced Paragraphs Convert to Double-Spaced in HTML

I found this nice little snippet below. I was hoping this would help me with the Word 2007 blog feature (which is loosely integrated with Blogger) but unfortunately this prevents you from being able to tab. Nevertheless, it's a nice tip to know.

WD98: Single-Spaced Paragraphs Convert to Double-Spaced in HTML

Prior to saving your document in HTML format, change the paragraph marks to manual line breaks. To do this, follow these steps:

  1. Open your Word document.
  2. On the Edit menu, click Replace. If there is a More button, click it.
  3. In the Find What box, click Special, and then click Paragraph Mark. The ^p character will appear in the Find What box.
  4. In the Replace With box, click Special, and then click Manual Line Break. The ^l character will appear in the Replace With box.
  5. Click Replace All, click OK, and then click Close.

2 comments:

  1. For me MS Word very important program,because I use it very often and once copule files were damaged.And in google I found-word corrupted file.Tool helped me very easy and good.It is free as far as I remember.moreover program can work either on the slowest computers or on modern workstations.

    ReplyDelete